Sun Valley, ID & Fort Worth, TX– OMNI Health Media (OMNI) announces the launch of cervical, ovarian and uterine cancer educational programs for national gynecologic cancer awareness month. As the month of September brings gynecologic cancers into focus, it’s time to increase public understanding of prevalence, approaches to screening and prevention, treatment options, and resources that offer updated information throughout the year.
Knowledge is power. Are you facing a new diagnosis, recurrence, living with metastatic disease, or supporting a loved one through their cancer journey?
- Sign up for monthly newsletters on gynecologic cancers here.
- Get the facts about cervical cancer, ovarian cancer and uterine cancer.
- Join ongoing discussions with other individuals affected by gynecologic cancer in the CancerConnect private online support groups here.
- Follow CancerConnect on Facebook and Twitter.
Ask The Experts!
Straight from Roswell Park Cancer Institute in Buffalo, N.Y., to your computer or mobile device, four leading experts in ovarian cancer will broadcast a live, interactive video chat from 6 to 7 p.m. on Monday, September 22, 2014.
The multidisciplinary panel of clinicians, researchers and genetic specialists will discuss the latest in ovarian cancer research and new discoveries in immunotherapy and personalized medicine that are translating into new hope for patients. Topics will also include early detection for those at high risk, genetic predisposition for the disease, resources and advice for survivors and the latest in prevention. Learn more here.
Get Connected: Safe, private, anonymous- login or register for online support groups here.
Health, Wellness & Prevention
- Depression and Cancer
- Reproductive and Sexual Health
- Support Groups for People Affected by GI Conditions: IBS, Crohn’s, UC, GERD and More
- Avastin Plus Chemotherapy Improves Progression-Free Survival in Platinum-Resistant Recurrent Ovarian Cancer
- Aspirin as Ovarian Cancer Prevention? Research Says Maybe
- Gardasil Provides Poor Protection in Women Over 18
- Radiation for Uterine Cancer May Increase Risk of Bladder Cancer
- What Every Woman Should Know about Gynecologic Cancer
- Share your tips on CancerConnect and Get Connected!
- Tips for Cancer Caregivers
- Connect with others who have dealt with Chemo Brain
- What is Chemo Brain?
Summer Issue ofWomenmagazine—Just Released:
The summer 2014 issue of Women magazine highlights ovarian cancer awareness, with insight from leading gynecologic oncologists, survivors, and advocates. In addition, general women’s health topics include: women and alcoholism; the challenges of the “sandwich generation”; and in-depth coverage of perinatal mood disorders. As always, the magazine features robust nutrition and wellness content and practical health tips. Check it out here.
- Advocate Profile: Carla Jimenez
- Newly Diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer? Start Here.
- What You Need to Know about Ovarian Cancer Risk, Detection, and Prevention
- Committed to Community
- Ovarian Cancer and Genetic Risk
- Personal Perspecive: A Cancer Survivor Shares Her Story of Genetic Testing
- Sharing the News
- Q&A: The Next Step: Thriving through Survivorship
Copyright © 2018 CancerConnect. All Rights Reserved.