by Dr. C.H. Weaver M.D. 6/2019
After helping thousands of cancer patients select the treatment that is best for them I have found that the answers to these five questions can be most helpful in determining a treatment.
- What is the goal of the recommended treatment? Cure, prolong survival, maintain quality of life?
- What is my chance of achieving the goal if I do nothing?
- How does your recommended treatment improve the chance of reaching the goal?
- What are the side effects of the recommended treatment – many are minimal today?
- What is the role of clinical trials in the management of my cancer?
- If my cancer comes back, what is the goal and how should i best prepare for it now?