Doctors specializing in the treatment of melanoma reported continued progress about optimizing the use of BRAF inhibitors and the long awaited PD-1 immunotherapy drugs became available for the management of patients with advanced disease.
CancerConnect News coverage of advances in the management of melanoma included the following key developments:
2014 FDA News in Melanoma:
- FDA Approves Nivolumab for Advanced Melanoma
- Pembrolizumab Gets FDA Approval in Advanced Melanoma
- FDA Approves Mekinist in Combination with Tafinlar for Advanced Melanoma
2014 Immunotherapy News:
- Yervoy® Improves Treatment of Stage III Melanoma
- Nivolumab Superior to Chemotherapy in First Phase III Trial as Initial Treatment in Advanced Melanoma
- Immune Booster Combined with Checkpoint Blocker Improves Survival in Metastatic Melanoma
- Targeted Therapy Nivolumab Outperforms Chemotherapy in Advanced Melanoma
- Largest Study to Date of Pembrolizumab in Advanced Melanoma Shows Promising Activity
- Investigational Drug Pembrolizumab Shows Anticancer Activity in Advanced Melanoma
- Trial Evaluating Nivolumab in Advanced Melanoma Halted Early Because of Superior Results
- Nivolumab Produces Durable Responses in Advanced Melanoma
- Enzyme Inhibitor Combined with Yervoy Is Well Tolerated and Shows Tumor Response in Metastatic Melanoma Patients
- Memorial Sloan Kettering Team Makes Key Discovery in Understanding Immunotherapy’s Successes—And Its Failures
- T-VEC Vaccine Promotes Tumor Shrinkage in Advanced Melanoma
2014 BRAF/MEK Inhibitor News
- COMBI-v BRAF/MEK Inhibitor Combination Trial Impressive in Melanoma
- BRAF/MEK Inhibitor Combination Impressive in Melanoma Trials
- Study of Combination Therapy in Cutaneous Melanoma Stopped Early to Allow Crossover
2014 Ocular Melanoma News:
2014 Intralesional Therapy for Melanoma:
2014 Screening and Prevention News:
- May Is National Skin Cancer Detection and Prevention Month
- Viagra Associated with Increased Risk of Melanoma
- Thin Melanomas Responsible for Many Melanoma Related Deaths
2014 Advocacy News
- Final Budget Bill Doubles DoD Funding Available for Melanoma Research
- MRA Applauds Congress for Getting the Sunscreen Innovation Act over the Goal Line
LEARNING MORE ABOUT MELANOMA
Knowledge is power. Are you facing a new diagnosis, recurrence, living with metastatic disease, or supporting a loved one through their cancer journey?
- Sign up for monthly newsletters on melanoma here.
- Get the facts about melanoma here.
- Join ongoing discussions with other individuals affected by melanoma in the CancerConnect private online support group here.
- Follow CancerConnect on Facebook and Twitter.
Copyright © 2018 CancerConnect. All Rights Reserved.