After several years of developments in lung cancer treatment, more-targeted and more-individualized treatment for non–small cell lung cancer became a reality. Results from studies evaluating ALK-inhibitors continued to show promise in 2014 and initial studies exploring immunomodulatory approaches using anti-PD-1 antibodies demonstrated high response rates and slowed cancer progression in previously untreated stage IV NSCLC.
CancerConnect News coverage of advances in the management of lung cancer included the following key developments:
2014 FDA News in Lung Cancer
- FDA expands approved use of Cyramza to treat aggressive non-small cell lung cancer
- CO-1686 Lung Cancer Treatment Receives Breakthrough Designation by FDA
- FDA Grants Breakthrough Therapy Designation to AP26113 for ALK-Positive NSCLC
2014 Screening News
- Lung Cancer Screening with Low-Dose CT Scan May Lead to Overdiagnosis
- 5 Things Women Should Know about Lung Cancer
2014 Advances in Precision Medicine for Lung Cancer Patients
- Matching the Treatment to the Tumor
- Study Using Comprehensive Genomic Tumor Testing to Match Lung Cancer Patients with Targeted Therapies Transforms Care
- Innovative Clinical Trials for Lung Cancer Currently Underway
2014 NSCLC Research News
- Preoperative Chemotherapy Improves Survival in NSCLC
- Recent Treatment Advancements in Lung Cancer
- Cyramza With Taxotere Offers Modest Increase in Overall Survival in NSCLC
- Dacomitinib Shows Activity in Selected Patients With Advanced Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Xalkori™ (crizotinib) Targeted Therapy More Effective Than Chemotherapy for Treatment of Lung Cancer
- Interim Results of X-396 in ALK positive Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Appear Promising
- Gilotrif combined with Erbitux Benefits Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer Patients Resistant to EGFR Inhibitors
- Pembrolizumab Appears Promising in Treatment of Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- Ceritinib Highly Active in Advanced ALK-Positive NSCLC
- Nintedanib Plus Docetaxel is Effective Second-Line Therapy for NSCLC
- Changing the Face of Lung Cancer: Live Video Chat about Lung Cancer Screening with the Roswell Park ExpertsJanuary 21, 2015
LEARNING MORE ABOUT LUNG CANCER
Knowledge is power. Are you facing a new diagnosis, recurrence, living with metastatic disease, or supporting a loved one through their cancer journey?
- Sign up for monthly newsletters on lung cancer here.
- Get the facts about lung cancer here.
- Join ongoing discussions with other individuals affected by lung cancer in the CancerConnect private online support group here.
- Follow CancerConnect on Facebook and Twitter.
Copyright © 2018 CancerConnect. All Rights Reserved.