CancerConnect - November is Lung Cancer Awareness Month
by Dr. C.H. Weaver 11/2020
- Keep Current With The Lung Cancer Community Newsletter
- Connect With Others In The Lung Cancer Community To Share Information And Support
The month of November brings lung cancer into focus. Over the past few years great strides have been made in the management of non small cell lung cancer due to the advancement of precision cancer medicines and immunotherapy.
Lung cancer remains the second most common cancer in women (behind breast cancer) and also the second most common in men (behind prostate cancer). In 2021, there will be over 225,000 individuals diagnosed with lung cancer in the United States.
Staying informed with the latest news on prevention, screening of high risk individuals, and treatment advances are all important in order to reducing the risk of developing lung cancer, ensure optimal care and achieve the best possible outcomes.
Featured This Month on Cancer Connect
- Update on Side Effects of Checkpoint Inhibitor Immunotherapy
- What Every Women Should Know About Lung Cancer
- Advances in Precision Medicines & Immunotherapy for Early Stage NSCLC
- Precision Cancer Medicines for Lung Cancer
- Understand the latest treatment advances with precision cancer medicines
Receive Our Lung Newsletter - The Cancer Connect Lung Cancer Newsletter provides timely updates for the recent advances in the management of lung cancer.
Ask The Experts About Lung Cancer
CancerConnect and the Personalized Medicine Foundation partnered with Lung cancer experts from Dana Farber Cancer Institute and the University of Pennsylvania to provide individuals the opportunity to engage with lung cancer experts. David M. Jackman, M.D, and Dr. Charu Aggarwal M.D. answered questions and relayed important information about lung cancer.
American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts and Figures 2020. Available here.