CancerConnect recently partnered with Dana-Farber Cancer Institute’s Susan F. Smith Center for Women’s Cancers to provide you with the opportunity to engage with breast cancer experts Harold J. Burstein, MD, PhD, and Erica L. Mayer, MD, MPH, who answered questions and relayed important information about chemotherapy, hormonal therapy and targeted therapy for breast cancer.
On October 24-25, 2013, Dr. Burstein and Dr. Mayer were guest moderators on CancerConnect, a leading social media website for cancer patients and caregivers seeking information and support. Their Q&A session can be accessed in the breast cancer community here.
Dr. Burstein is a medical oncologist and clinical investigator in the Breast Oncology Center at Dana-Farber’s Susan F. Smith Center for Women’s Cancers. Dr. Burstein serves on the National Comprehensive Cancer Network Breast Cancer Panel, the CALGB Breast Committee and several working groups in the American Society of Clinical Oncology focusing on breast cancer. Click here for Dr. Burstein’s bio.
Ask the Experts About Circulating Tumor DNA in the Management of Cancer
Ask the Experts About Circulating Tumor DNA (ctDNA) in the Management of Cancer
Tisotumab Vedotin – Promising in Advanced Cervical Cancer
Novel precision cancer medicine promising for treatment of advanced ovarian cancer.
Checkpoint Inhibitor Immunotherapy for Treatment of Advanced Cervical Cancer
Checkpoint inhibitor immunotherapy prolongs survival and delays recurrence in advanced cervical cancer.
Dr. Mayer is a medical oncologist and clinical investigator in the Breast Oncology Center at Dana-Farber’s Susan F. Smith Center for Women’s Cancers. Her research focuses on novel therapies in the treatment of breast cancer. Click here for Dr. Mayer’s bio.
The breast cancer Q&A with Dr. Burstein and Dr. Mayer includes the following:
- Question about ER positive breast cancer and nutrition
- Question about investigative forms of vinorelbine and trastuzumab
- Question about Faslodex
- Question about HER2+ Stage IV Breast Cancer and Duration of Therapy with Zometa and Herceptin
- Question about the investigative drug bazedoxifene
- Question about clinical trials and BRCA1 gene mutations
- Question about duration of Aromasin
- Questions about triple negative breast cancer treatment, follow up and recurrence prevention
- Question about duration of treatment with Herceptin
- Question about CYP2D6 and tamoxifen
- Question about Exemestane and Side Effects
- Question about Breast Cancer and Lymphoma
- Question about Liver Metastasis
- Question about Taxol (paclitaxel)
- Question about Cardiac Toxicity and Breast Cancer Treatments
- Question about Asynchronous Metastasis
- Question about Soy
- Question about bone health in stage IV breast cancer
- Question about Medications for Depression While on Tamoxifen
- Question about night sweats
- Question about neuropathy from Taxol
- Question about node dissection, snb and axilla radiation