CancerConnect prostate cancer news, tips, and features provide breaking research stories, helpful tips, and inspiring features related to prostate cancer. The unique daily cancer news service evaluates all aspects of prostate cancer research and reports on the developments that are most important to cancer patients, while the tips and features offer insight into all aspects of prostate cancer treatment and survivorship. The last year in prostate cancer research continues to validate improvements in optimizing treatment decision making in early-stage prostate cancer as well as demonstrated promising advances in the management of advanced disease.
CancerConnect News coverage of advances in the management of prostate cancer included the following key developments:
2014 Genomic Testing News: Improving Treatment Decision Making in Early-Stage Prostate Cancer
- Oncotype DX® Predicts Outcomes in Prostate Cancer Patients, Significantly Changes Treatment Recommendations
- New Survey Reveals Alarming Lack of Understanding of Prostate Cancer, Inspires “Your Prostate Your Decision” Education Campaign with Baseball Hall-of-Famer Joe Torre
- Genomic Health Announces Positive Results from Latest Clinical Validation Study of Oncotype DX® as Predictor of Near- and Long-term Outcomes in Racially Diverse Group of Prostate Cancer Patients
- Advances in Genomic Testing-What you Need to Know
- Large Independent Validation Study Validates Oncotype DX Prostate Cancer Test
- Genomic Health Demonstrates the Importance of Utilizing Multiple Biological Pathways to Predict Tumor Behavior in Prostate and Renal Cancers
2014 Research News
- Radiation Plus Androgen-Deprivation Therapy Prolongs Survival for Older Men With Prostate Cancer
- American Society of Clinical Oncology Endorses AUA/ASTRO Guidelines on the Use of Radiation Treatment After Prostatectomy
- Xofigo Extends Survival in Hormone-Refractory Prostate Cancer
- Radiation Therapy Benefits Selected Patients With Node-Positive Prostate Cancer
- Bayer and Orion Initiate Phase III Trial of Novel Prostate Cancer Agent ODM-201 in Men with High-Risk Non-Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
- New Survey Reveals that Prostate Cancer Impacts Sex Lives More than Any Other Aspect of Patients’ Lives
- Cabozantinib Development in Prostate Cancer Halted
- Advaxis and Merck Form Collaboration to Evaluate Investigational Combination of Two Novel Immunotherapy Candidates for Advanced Prostate Cancer
- New MD Anderson Research Questions Early Prostate Cancer Treatment Options
- Combination Hormone Therapy Appears Safe and Effective in Reducing Testosterone in Metastatic Prostate Cancer
- Xtandi Found to Delay Need for Chemotherapy in Metastatic Prostate Cancer Patients
2014 FDA News
LEARNING MORE ABOUT PROSTATE CANCER
Knowledge is power. Are you facing a new diagnosis, recurrence, living with metastatic disease, or supporting a loved one through their cancer journey?
- Sign up for monthly newsletters on prostate cancer here.
- Get the facts about prostate cancer here.
- Join ongoing discussions with other individuals affected by prostate cancer in the CancerConnect private online support group here.
- Follow CancerConnect on Facebook and Twitter.
Copyright © 2018 CancerConnect. All Rights Reserved.