November Is National Pancreatic Cancer Awareness Month
As the month of November brings pancreatic cancer into focus, it’s time to increase public understanding of the disease, including its prevalence, approaches to screening and prevention, treatment options, and resources that offer updated pancreatic cancer information throughout the year.
Pancreatic cancer is often detected at an advanced stage when it is difficult to treat, highlighting the importance of research on prevention and early detection. The American Cancer Society estimates that 42,470 new cases of pancreatic cancer will occur in the United States in 2009, with an estimated 35,240 deaths.
Staying informed with the latest news on prevention and screening is an important step in reducing your risk of developing pancreatic cancer. Access to current, in-depth treatment information can help you choose optimal care and achieve the best possible outcome.
Learning More About Pancreatic Cancer
- Find informative tips on managing pancreatic cancer and its treatment at Pancreatic Cancer Tips.
- To find expanded information on the prevention, screening, and treatment of pancreatic cancer, stay updated with the lasted news on the disease, and join a pancreatic cancer community, visit the Pancreatic Cancer Information Center.
- Sign up to receive Cancer Consultants’ free online pancreatic cancer newsletter, which provides disease-specific features, current news, tips, and nutrition and wellness information. Subscribe at http://www.cancerconsultants.com/about-cancerconsultants/subscription/.
- Visit the Cancer Care Store on Cancerconsultants.com for book titles with topics ranging from personal cancer memoirs to expert nutritional guides about fueling your body to prevent and fight cancer.
- For even more late-breaking pancreatic cancer news and discussion, follow Cancer Consultants on Facebook and Twitter.
 American Cancer Society. Cancer Facts and Figures 2009. Available at http://www.cancer.org/docroot/STT/stt_0.asp. (Accessed November 4, 2009).
Copyright © 2015 CancerConnect. All Rights Reserved.
More cancer news.