5 cups mixed berries, washed, drained and hulled (Can use blueberries, blackberries, raspberries or strawberries)
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
2 Tbsp. tapioca
2-4 Tbsp. sugar, adjust according to the fruit’s natural sweetness
2 Tbsp. cassis blackberry liquor (optional)
1/2 cup flour
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup no trans fat margarine
1/4 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
1 cup raw oatmeal
Lite whipped topping, for garnish
Nonstick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, toss berries with lemon juice, tapioca, sugar and liquor.
- Spray a 9x13inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a bowl, combine flour, brown sugar, margarine and nuts. Mix well and add in oatmeal, mixing lightly.
- Sprinkle oatmeal topping over berry mixture.
- Bake in oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve warm with litewhipped topping.
Calories per serving: 175
Calorie equivalent: 1 fruit, 1 carbohydrate, 1 fat
Recipe courtesy of the California Health and Longevity Institute
Back to Wellness Kitchen