The following guidelines have been established by Omni Health Media to govern various aspects of Advertising on website and mobile OMNI managed properties including Cancer Connect, theGIConnection, theRAConnection, aWomansHealth and TheSpineCommunity. As used in this policy, the terms “Advertising” and “Advertisements” include third party banners, contextual advertising, and sponsored content. Omni Health Media has sole and absolute discretion with respect to interpretation and enforcement of this policy and all other issues associated with Advertising and may change this policy at any time in its sole discretion by posting a revised policy.
OMNI has sole discretion for determining the types of Advertising that will be accepted and displayed, and under no circumstances will acceptance of any Advertisement be considered an endorsement of the product(s) and/or service(s) advertised or for the company that advertises, manufactures, distributes, or promotes the products or services.
OMNI will not accept Advertising that, in Omni Health Media’s opinion, is not factually accurate and in good taste.
There are certain categories of advertisements that Omni Health Media will not permit on its properties at any time. These categories include but are not limited to the following:
- Illegal, ‘objectionable’, ‘ineffective’ and/or ‘dangerous’ products
- fraudulent, deceptive, illicit, misleading or offensive material
- material that misrepresents, ridicules, discriminates (real or implied) or attacks an individual or group on the basis of age, national origin, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability or any other status deemed inappropriate
- pornography or related themes
- tobacco use of any kind
- material that directly advertises products to or is intended to attract children under the age of 13
- unreasonable, unlikely or extraordinary product or service claims
- media or messages that contain unsubstantiated “miracle” weight loss or other miracle claims of cure
- advertising units that extend beyond the defined advertising space or interfere with the content or impact the readability of the content without user initiation
- advertising units that do not retract to the defined advertising space upon user scroll off or do not contain a “close” or “X” for user to retract or close the ad unit/message after user initiation
- advertising units that mimic computer functions or deceptively indicate a computer or other function that would be reasonable to the average user to assume as a reason to click the unit
Omni recognizes and maintains a distinct separation between advertising and sponsored content and editorial content. All Advertising or sponsored content will be clearly and unambiguously identified.
Omni reserves the right to approve whether it will accept, reject, cancel, or remove at any time any Advertising for any reason and will provide prompt notice to the advertiser upon rejection, cancellation, or removal of any Advertising.
It is the Advertiser’s responsibility to comply with all domestic and foreign laws and regulations applicable to its Advertising (and to include all legally required legends, disclosures and statements in such Advertising), including without limitation the current FDA guidelines forDirect to Consumer (DTC) advertising. Omni does not monitor compliance with such laws and regulations. If Omni becomes aware of any breach or potential breach of any applicable law or regulation or of these guidelines, may remove the Advertising.
No personally-identifiable information may be collected from any user of the without the express written consent of Omni and the express opt-in consent of such user.